Frequently Asked Questions by Car Accident Victims in Hampton VA

Many people do not know what to do after they are involved in an accident. This can be attested to by the kind of actions they take after an accident such as failing to contact a police officer or delaying to call their car insurer among other mistakes. Most car accident victims, therefore, end up not being compensated even when the other driver is at fault. The following are some of the frequently asked questions by most Car Accident Victims Hampton VA.

Do you need a lawyer?

Not all cases may require a lawyer as each case differs from the other in the way it happened. However, there are common situations when you may have to hire a lawyer such as:

  • • If you got a serious injury such as a broken bone.
  • • If your doctor recommends physical therapy or other forms of treatment which may be costly.
  • • If the at-fault driver’s car insurer refuses to compensate you for your losses.
  • • If you got an injury that may hinder you from working for a long period.

While the above situations may be a good reason for you to hire a lawyer, it is wise that you always seek the legal counsel of a competent attorney whenever you have a car accident.

Who should pay your medical bills?

You might have to pay huge medical bills especially if you had a serious injury treatment. However, you are not supposed to cater for the expenses if the driver at fault has auto insurance. If the at-fault driver does not have auto insurance, talk to your car insurer to know if there is any coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists.

According to website, it is wise that you avoid signing any release forms given to you by the at-fault driver’s car insurer before you consult your attorney. This is because the attorney is usually in a better position to know what payment is fair, the best payment option for your medical bills and how the compensation fund should be disbursed.

If you are one of the Car Accident Victims Hampton VA and got injuries that made you unable to work, you should consult a competent attorney to help you get compensated. To get an attorney, visit website for more details.