The law of personal injury involves a wide range of claims and lawsuits. Nearly all of such involve the law of negligence. The general rule is that a person is negligent when he or she fails to act in a manner consistent with how an ordinary reasonable prudent person would act under the same or similar circumstances. Here are some examples of accidents that the law of personal injury contemplates:
- Airplane, train and bus crashes.
- Car, truck and motorcycle crashes.
- Accidents occurring on real estate that is owned or occupied by somebody else.
- Injuries caused by dangerously defective products.
- Construction and industrial accidents.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse.
- Medical malpractice.
- Wrongful death.
If an injury victim can prove that another person owed him or her a duty of care that was breached, and the breach caused their injuries, that victim becomes eligible for compensation for their damages. Here are some of the damages that the personal injury lawyers in Valdosta, GA, at Farrar Hennesy & Tanner LLC pursue on behalf of injured clients
- Medical bills.
- Lost earnings.
- Any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Other valuable damages for wrongful death.
The System is Adversarial
While you’re seeking the maximum compensation that you deserve for your injuries and damages, the opposing insurance company has no problem compensating you with very little money just to have you go away. If you try to represent yourself, that’s probably what’s going to happen too.
After being injured or losing a family member in a personal injury accident in or around Valdosta, contact our personal injury lawyers in Valdosta, GA, here at Farrar, Hennesy & Tanner LLC. Our objective is to maximize any settlement or award that you might receive.
Connect with us on Facebook and see our latest news and updates!