If you have been hurt in the line of duty, and the injuries have resulted in a disability that affects your capability to earn a living, you should think about filing for benefits. The state has a provision that is put in place to ensure that people who are no longer able to earn a living as a result of injuries get some amount of money to sustain them. When filing for Social Security disability, you need the help of an attorney. Here are some things to know about hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer near Morris.
There are certain conditions that you are supposed to fulfill to qualify for disability benefits.
- You must be physically or mentally unable to continue doing any job that could help you earn a living.
- You must be able to prove that you do not have any other source of income other than the job that you were previously doing.
These are just the basic requirements that you have to meet to be eligible to apply for benefits. Other qualifications include things such as being an American citizen and having resided in the state that you are making the claim in for a stipulated length of time.
The process of filing
Most people imagine that filing for disability is a simple and straightforward process. However, if you want to have your case reviewed and approved quickly, you will need the guidance of a lawyer. This is because what you could think is basically a disability may not be in the number of conditions that are listed down as disabilities. There are also other common mistakes that people make when filling in the application forms, resulting in a rejection. These common mistakes include:
- Giving inconsistent information on the application forms
- Failing to attach all the documents that are needed to prove your disability
- Making use of falsified records
All these problems can be avoided if you choose to get the help of an Accident attorney. Contact Hanson & Fisher Law Office, if you need legal help.