The importance of hiring a criminal lawyer when you are faced with a criminal charge cannot be overemphasized. When you are charged with a criminal case in Bel Air, MD, you have to fight to keep your freedom. And therefore, you have to make sure that you choose a lawyer who is really good. It is not only about choosing a lawyer who holds a valid license and is known to have a vast experience, but it is about choosing the right man for the cause as well. Therefore, you definitely have to know about the key characteristics of good criminal attorneys.
Characteristics of a Good Criminal Lawyer
* Experience – the number of years experience plays a very important role in the credibility of a criminal attorney. Actually experienced lawyers have a huge number of trials behind them and this should give you a lot of confidence. Experienced lawyers know how to handle the case, what makes the jury tick and what will please the jury. Experience leads to development of combat skills that are effective.
* Reputation – reputation also plays a very important role when it comes to assessing a criminal attorney who works not only in Bel Air, MD but anywhere in the world. The type of reputation is also very important in case of lawyers. The lawyer you hire need not be someone whom people like but he needs to be someone who wins. Filtering out personal feeling about a lawyer and focusing on the work he does is of extreme importance.
* Busy – experienced and reputed lawyers are always busy, so when you are looking for a lawyer it is always better to hire someone who has a busy office. Lawyers who are too available to their clients are actually not very good choices. Being readily available may seem like a very good thing initially but it actually means that your lawyer does not have much to do.
* Local – it is always better to hire a lawyer who is closer to your home. There are many reasons for this. The most important reason is with a lawyer who is closer to your house; it will be much easier for you to find out about his experience, reputation and work. Moreover, it actually saves you a lot of traveling cost as well.
* Courage – as far as the personal characteristics are concerned; a good criminal lawyer needs to be courageous. The lawyer should never back down and should never be intimated by his opponent lawyers. He has to be tenacious and match up to the opponent lawyers in terms of wit and banter. He must also not show any signs of nervousness when he is presenting your case. Being courageous will help the lawyer to stand his ground at all times, this go a long way in convincing the judge.
* Relentless – the lawyer has to be relentless as well. He should not give up until and unless he has made his and of course your stand clear to the judge. In fact, he must not rest till you are free. The lawyer has to walk the extra mile, do the extra work, spend a few sleepless nights if required and dig deep to find the answers that will help you to win the case.
Criminal Lawyer Bel Air, MD – Both professional and personal characteristics go a long way in making an ordinary lawyer into a lawyer of repute and thus play an instrumental role in the success of a lawyer. Lawyers at Law Offices of Maria K. Caruso have been serving clients since 1990 and you can rely on their experience and knowledge.