Any injury you sustain can be devastating and can greatly affect not only your life but the lives of your loved ones also. It can be even more disturbing when the injury occurred while you were at work. Some injuries are serious enough they can limit the activities or work that you can do in the future. It is hard enough dealing with the mental and physical anguish that you may be experiencing due to the accident. It can become overwhelming trying to figure out how you will help support your family during the process of healing and in the future if the injury is severe enough. To add to your wound, the last thing you want to do is deal with the insurance agency while the claim remains opened. In Chicago, a workers comp attorney is specially trained in these types of cases to help make sure you are properly compensated.
How to Know if You Need Legal Representation
* If your injury was severe enough you had to have surgery to help reverse the damage.
* You are no longer able to do any job on a regular basis.
* You are unable to go back to your current job due to restrictions or unable to complete the job.
* Medical benefits for the claim has been denied.
* If you already have a pre-existing disability that can affect the outcome of your case.
* You want to dispute the decision that your employer has made in your case.
* If you do not understand the process and want to retain an attorney that will represent you.
* You feel you are not receiving the benefits that you should be for your injuries.
* When your employer does not agree with the decision that your state’s workers composition has decided.
Hire a Reputable and Experience Attorney
You do not want just anyone representing you during your worker’s compensation case. You want to hire an attorney that you find trustworthy and dependable. You also want to retain legal counsel that has several years of experience of knowing how the process works. One that has the knowledge and skills you require will have the ability to file the proper paperwork and know when it needs to be filed by. As your state worker’s comp department will have their own team of experts, a legal firm you hire will have theirs to help you fight your case and receive the compensation you deserve.
Need a Chicago workers comp attorney to assist with an injury you received at work? Shea Law Group is the place to call for quality legal assistance you can trust. Click here to contact SheaLawGroup.com.