Attorneys are highly trained legal professionals who are able to help people with a number of legal issues. They can provide representation in court or out of court for cases involving criminal offenses, personal injury, probate, and estate planning, divorce and family law, elder law, civil law, bankruptcy, wills, real estate, business, mediation, foreclosure, and employment law. The following will cover a few basics about when you might need to contact an attorney in Waukesha, WI for a consultation.
1) Criminal offense – If you, a friend, or loved one is arrested for a crime, a lawyer is a necessity. No one can (or should) properly represent themselves in criminal cases.
2) Bankruptcy – If you are unable to pay your bills because you have lost your job or have overextended beyond your means, you may qualify for a bankruptcy. A lawyer is necessary to help you determine which chapter of bankruptcy will be best for your needs. While you can go through a bankruptcy on your own, it’s easier and less stressful with legal representation.
3) Divorce – If you are planning a divorce, an Attorney will help make the process less stressful. Divorces are stressful, emotional, and trying events in your life, so it’s better if you don’t try to do this on your own.
4) Personal injury – If you, or a loved one is involved in an automobile accident, work-related accident, slip-and-fall, or other accident that results in injuries and damages, a lawyer will be a comfort to you. If you have a case, your lawyer will be able to help you get compensation for your injuries and damages.
5) Foreclosure – If you are facing home foreclosure and don’t know what to do, a lawyer can help you figure out if you have a recourse for stopping it or provide you with options for your situation.
These are five reasons you might need to enlist the services of a lawyer. There are other areas like medical malpractice, wills, small business, workers’ comp, and other civil or criminal legal issues where an attorney in Waukesha, WI will be an asset to you. Regardless of why you may need representation or advice, the Horizons Law Group offers consultations in all areas of the law.