Important Questions for Your Car Accident Lawyer Enumclaw
Hiring a good car accident lawyer Enumclaw is the first step towards getting that most deserved recovery, if someone injured you in an auto accident. You however need to understand some of the questions to ask your lawyer for the sake of clarity and to be sure that you are getting the right person for the task. Here are a few questions you can ask;
1. How do you charge for your services? This is very important a questions that cannot be ignored. Many car accident victims want to sue but are not sure whether to do it or not as they fear facing humongous legal bills in case they lose the case. A car accident lawyer that works on contingency basis will charge a certain percentage on the settlements, which could be 30%. This is a relief for many people who are not able to afford the amount required by lawyers who charge hourly.
2. What court costs and fees am I responsible for? As much as some lawyers work on a contingency basis, there are other costs which the lawyer may incur in the course of investigating and bringing forth the lawsuit. You need to be clear about this as well. Let the car accident lawyer clarify to you so that nothing will catch you flat footed later on as the case progresses.
3. Who should be named as the defendant? This seems quite obvious. Well, it may not be that obvious since there are cases where the person who is driving the offensive vehicle does not have sufficient insurance or even assets to cover your losses. There are cases where additional defendants could be responsible as well. If for instance the person who caused the accident is just a driver who is acting as an agent of his employer, the employer may be responsible for damages and should therefore be named in the lawsuit under agency laws.
4. How much time do I have to file my lawsuit? This is very important. People who take too long might just realize later that the deadline is over. You need to get in touch with a car accident lawyer Enumclaw as soon as possible and get to know the time limit of filing a lawsuit within your jurisdiction.
5. What are my prospective damages? If your case goes through successfully, you might be able to recover your lost wages and medical bills as well as damages relating to emotional distress in addition to pain and suffering. Your car accident lawyer will put everything plain to you.
6. How long will my case take? Well, this differs from case to case, but it might take some time before your case goes to trial and some time before your dues are settled. Knowing this helps you know how to deal with medical bills in the meantime. Asking these questions help you understand the process to its logical conclusion.
Hiring a goodcar accident lawyer in Enumclaw is the first step towards getting that most deserved recovery, if someone injured you in an auto accident. You however need to understand some of the questions to ask your lawyer for the sake of clarity and to be sure that you are getting the right person for the task.