Although no one wants to have to face bankruptcy, it is often the only viable option for a person to overcome debt. When an individual has tried to work with their creditors to no avail, they may be eligible for bankruptcy, depending on their financial situation and the amount of debt they owe. It is critical that a person does not ignore their debt or the collection attempts, because the issue could grow in severity. If you feel like you are drowning in debt, it could be helpful to meet with a bankruptcy law attorney in Wellington, FL.
These steps will help individuals prepare for their meeting with a bankruptcy attorney:
* One of the most important pieces of information a person can bring to their appointment is a list of all of the creditors they owe and their contact numbers. It is also helpful if the individual includes their account numbers, and how much is owed to each creditor.
* Individuals need to gather their financial records, including bank statements, tax return documents, check stubs, and any other pertinent pieces of financial information so they can be reviewed by the bankruptcy law attorney in Wellington, FL.
* The attorney will also need to see documents and records related to any loans the individual is still paying on, including their mortgage and car payment.
* Taking the time to make a list of all your personal property that could be repossessed or foreclosed on can allow the attorney to begin gathering information that will be needed to ensure they can start the bankruptcy process.
* The individual filing for bankruptcy will also need to detail a list of all the real property they own, such as homes and land.
* It is wise for a person to gather a list of questions they want to ask the attorney, so they will not forget during the meeting.
If you are facing more debt than you can pay off, get help by hiring an attorney. For more information on your bankruptcy options, contact us to make an appointment for a consultation and to get started on the process.